Someone said we should check the news not watch the news. I believe that is so true during this stay at home time. There is really good information that we need to get when we check what is going on and how to protect ourselves. Last night we heard that it is possible that NSAIDs/ Ibuprophen makes Covid 19 go to pneumonia more rapidly. This isn’t agreed upon by all the experts but it is so simple to just take an alternative for a headache or booboo. The other tidbit of information is that keeping our immune system at its best to fight this virus is key. So I figure I am good. After all I am a big vitamin taker. But where I am vulnerable is in lack of sleep. They are recommending nine hours of sleep a day to protect ourselves from getting the virus or getting the worst case scenario of the virus. Getting enough sleep comes easy for my Ronnie B. but I struggle with sleep. It is not uncommon for me live on five hours of sleep and function well. So now I am strategizing on how the heck do I make my body sleep more.
What we are trying to do is reach out to others through FaceTime, emails, phone calls and social media. That is also a good way to keep our focus off the news and onto something we can actually do to be helpful. Connection is good for those we connect with and good for us as well.
My one pet peeve about the media is that they don’t put up the numbers of infected this year my the flu or the death rate it has caused. These numbers reported right beside the Covid 19 numbers would give me perspective. I am mortified that so many lives have been lost due to this virus. But a couple months ago the flu was taking loved ones lives and I didn’t even pay attention. That is until it took my cousin who was also fighting cancer. I do care about each death but I also want my hysteria to be put in perspective. So I am doing my best to check the news, stay as safe as I can and research this situation myself.
I am so glad I am not a doom and gloomed. There are hardships from our world situation. There are heroes from our world situation. There are changes that will come and benefit our world from this situation. But I can easily take the more positive perspective. I am safe in my home with my Ronnie B.. We have the funds, food and toilet paper we need to thrive. There is no place I need to be even though there are places I want to go. So I hope this post doesn’t come off as my wearing rose colored glasses to view the pain of all those who are struggling to survive. My prayer today is for those who find themselves trapped at home in abusive situations. People who are so anxious about their health or their family finances that they are short tempered and impatient. My YouTube feed is full of others doing their best to brighten this situation for others. Those are the ones who have the best defense to this virus and life in general. Focusing on what I can do for others is better than sleep or any other prescription for immunity boosting. So I will close this now to go call my two elderly aunts who live together and always make me laugh with their antics. I think I will go outside and sit in the sunshine to talk to them.
In Him,
Joyful
3-28-20
Calling your elderly aunts who make you laugh with their antics sounds like fun. I recently bought Tylenol so am stocked up; I don't take NSAIDS so I am ok on that score. I agree it would be helpful for the news to post flu stats beside the Corona virus stats, to put it in perspective.
ReplyDelete