Monday, March 30, 2020

In the Morning and Throughout My Day

In the morning, O Lord, you will hear my voice. In the morning I will lay my prayers before You and will look up. Psalm 5:3 NLV

Being home has been such a gift of time with my prayers, thoughts, and just Jesus in the mornings. I have not been up as early lately but the house is quiet even if I sleep in a bit. Watching a Bible teaching and then being in conversation with Jesus sets my day up so well. I am thankful for this routine to just be in His word and in His presence. There are so many that I am reaching out to during this Covid 19 isolation and those who reach out to me everyday.


 In some ways the connections between us have grown closer because of this virus shutting down life as we know it. It has been a good time for me to assess just what I put on my calendar and the importance of stillness. The fact that I am sat down right now is a time for me to choose my direction. There are so many tasks I could complete while I am in my home but I am not motivated to do any of them. Instead I have been just being home with my Ronnie B. and enjoying time with him over a cup of coffee. We have never spent more time together at our kitchen table. I love this new normal of sitting face to face and just being together.

My prayer journal has become more filled with names of people I want to connect with rather than all those asks that usually fill the pages. The gift of others is the greatest gift. Too often I neglect them for the daily routines that keep me busy in my own world. Today I may clean a closet but if not I am okay with just chatting with those I love.

In Him,
Joyful
3-30-20

No comments:

Post a Comment