Thursday, March 14, 2024

A Hot Tub, Snowflakes and so many Giggles

 A little hot tub full of hot water and a gentle snowfall was just the backdrop Jenn and I needed to unwind with whiskey and wine. It seems like a long week this week and unknowing to one another we both just needed to connect, laugh and share. I had my mama’s red glasses, the Czech shot glasses from Jakub and his sweet mama, and caffeine Diet Coke for good measure. Jenn drank her wine and I had my Gentlemen Jack to help us relax in this perfect setting. 


A few others were included eventually. Marcie was walking her pup, Jasper, by the park and Jenn hollered over for her to come over. Our neighbor had put Ivy in my backyard to play with Cora so Jasper joined their fun while we visited with Marcie. Jenn and I cozy in the hot tub and Marcie in her down jacket, gloves with a beautiful shot glass full of whiskey. Needless to say we were all toasty as we laughter and shared what had been going on in our lives. Jenn and Marcie with new jobs and me with a desire to be a podcaster. 

Later, we called Susi and Kim to share our silliness with them. They graciously giggled with us even without whiskey or wine. That’s what friends are for. For distracting one another for a few moments from the day to day with joy. Oh what a lovely way to end a hump day whether you are working or retired. All of us with or without shot glasses need to spend time just enjoying time together. I’m so glad Marcie, Susi, and Kim could join us even if they didn’t dip a toe into the warm water. 

In Him,

Joyful

3-14-24

No comments:

Post a Comment