Saturday, April 17, 2010

Prom Night at 54

Beautiful, strapless, prom dress on a gorgeous blonde with a heart of gold. When Libby came into my living room between dinner and the dance to share her night with me, I felt so blessed. So humbled that through Young Life and our community that my life is full of moments with amazing, young women.

Libby is a junior now and hopes to become a youth leader with me next year. In Young Life, the philosophy of earning the right to be heard, means that we walk beside girls through the good times and the messy times. Libby and I have been there for each other since she was in the 7th grade. She prayed hard for Ron and I to be UNDER ONE ROOF, and I have been there as she grew from a broken adolescent into a confident, exuberant, young lady.

This week has been hard with the sudden death of my son. Ron and I were both comforted by the amazing young people who came to be here with us through our grief. Girls ran 1/2 a mile from the high school during lunch to give us a hug. Nicole, Marley, and Sarah were here vacuuming and dusting after all our family left.

I am honored that these incredible young people trust me with their stories and allow me to be a part of their lives. My life is so much richer for sharing it with them.

Gratefully In Him,
Joyful
4-17-2010


1 comment: