Monday, March 18, 2024

A Sweet Note from Across the Ocean to Gently Correct my Mistake

                        These two locations seem so far apart but not in the world we live in today. 

 Jakub is living in New Mexico with Ronnie B and me while he holds a post doc in nuclear physics position at our national lab. His sweet Mama remains in his home in the Czech Republic. Although we have never met, Jana reads my blog and often tells Jakub what is going on in our home even when he is unaware. The day I sadly backed Lissa’s car into Natalie’s car right outside his bedroom window is an example of that. Jakub had no idea until his Mom told him what happened. This just amazes me that a sweet lady from across an ocean has become a part of our story, our family. I love that I get to be Jakub’s American mom while he is far away from his own. 

A couple days ago I wrote a blog that included a list of my grand kiddos and great grands. Jana private messaged me to point out that I forgot to include Felix and she was concerned that it would hurt Natalie’s feelings. I quickly corrected my mistake and was so thankful for her letting me know. 

Dear Barbara, good morning to you. It is already late afternoon here. I read a beautiful long list of grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Felix is not on the list. I’m writing before your daughter notices so she doesn’t get offended. Today is exceptionally sunny here, otherwise it was cloudy for a long time. The snow in your place is like in a fairytale. I think of you all with love. Jana

I love that we get to have Jakub here as a part of our family and that he shares the antics of not only Felix but also little Caleb. Jakub has watched Caleb grow from a newborn to a rambunctious seventeen month old. It makes me giggle that he watches cautiously because he has never been around wee ones much. I am beyond grateful for the connection we have with Jana and that she and I share a mother’s heart. What a gift it is when we open our lives to let others in. I am blessed. 

In Him,

Joyful

3-18-24 

No comments:

Post a Comment