Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Read, Reread, Connect Intimately

 Read, reread, then just sit with what I have read. My task toward the podcast is to read back through my blog posts and see what is sparked by my own words. What a journey to absorb my words over the past fourteen years. Often I have said I am not a writer that God writes through me. The truth is that I am a writer and God gave me the gift. It is time I own my gift and be glad in it. I have heard others say they never watch themselves in a movie or tv show. That is bizarre. Reading my heart on my blog page is so warm and inviting. I went from worrying that creating a podcast is going to flow out of me through my past words and thoughts. It is like God tied it up in a neat bow for me to share how He has walked beside me through life. Stepping out with Jesus is not only the title of the podcast but the way I have lived life. My blog is even separated under the various labels I hope to share. Adoption, teaching, my family, the loss of my son, my faith are all areas that Jesus has been with me through this journey. Now I not only get the opportunity to continue writing about it but can share my voice by beginning this podcast. I am so excited and know that here a year after I believed it would begin, it is actually about to begin. Crazy thing is I already had someone ask if they could be the first guest on the podcast. Wait!! I’m going to have guests? God knows more than I do about this next adventure and He will step with me into it. Now I just need to lay out a plan as to when I am going to share what. It feels like I have a firehouse of life to share and I need to figure out an order to send it out into the world. 

Setting up the microphone and sitting down will come soon and I just can’t wait. Read, reread and know that I have everything to be thankful for from my life. God has used the highs as well as the lows to keep me close. That is what I always want to share. That through life none of us ever has to be alone. My walks with Him is about my relationship with Him not a religion of rules. His word is a love story not a rule book as Lisa Harper says. Men create rules and some just Christ by those Christians. What needs to be clear is that Christians are not perfect but broken in need of a savior. The churches are hospitals not country clubs. Don’t imagine that the well dressed, perfect make-up means there are not stains and heartache underneath.


My experience of letting go of loved ones as they pass to heaven is when I take a picture of our hands embracing. This is because the connection is what matters. All the wrinkles and age spots are there to tell the story of how we walked through life together. There is such beauty in the imperfections yet we tend to want to mask what is real.  Time to connect on our uncut version of life. That is real intimacy. 

In Hm,

Joyful

3-5-24

No comments:

Post a Comment