Friday, March 22, 2024

Noni, You Distracted My Heart When I was Trying to Play Legos




 I got the most precious FaceTime call a few days ago from my four year old Felix. He began the conversation a bit frustrated. His words made me smile all day and even now I hold them as some of the most precious I have heard. Noni, I was wanting to play with my Legos but you distracted my heart so I just had to call you. Although I feel bad that he had to suspend his play, I am so moved that I was on his heart to the point of distraction.

What a lesson my wise grandson has shared. When someone is on your heart or in your thoughts take the time to pause and give them a quick call. The activity that gets interrupted will still be there ten minutes later or two hours later if there is a lot to catch up with. The point is that we should be flexible enough to pivot. That is the example Jesus shared. He always took time along the way to stop and connect. 

You can imagine what a sweet gift it was that even with the draw of Legos, Felix had to chat with me for a couple minutes before resuming play. Every phone call from my grandkids is special but when I win out over Legos it is even better. It definitely taught me how I want to live a not too busy to be interrupted life.

In Him,

Joyful

3-22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment