Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thin And Rich


Dear God, my prayer for 2012 is for a fat bank account and  a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did last year, Amen!


This was a cute quote I saw on Facebook. We are all so obsessed with our looks especially our weight and how much money we have. It is a shame we can't be pleased with the way we are. On the other hand, it is good to want to improve and we all have room for improvement.


It occurs to me that a better prayer would be not in how we look or what we have but how we treat others and ourselves. There is a saying that you can tell your priorities by your calendar and your checkbook. How you spend your time and your money reflects what you value in life. Somehow I don't think spending all our efforts on dieting is the best way to live but being healthier is always worth pursuing. Striving for more and more wealth is not admirable but creating enough wealth to do good in this world is. 


This year I pray to be less jealous and more patient with those I love the most in my life. I am pretty good with acquaintances and friends but fall short when it comes to my family. I want my calendar to be full of playdates with my grandkids, mother son and mother daughter time with my kids, and special walks with my husband. Ron and I will celebrate 35 years of marriage in June and my dream is to rent a houseboat and have all our family come and bask in the sun with us. Even if this turns into a barbecue in the backyard I will be thrilled if my family gets to be together.


Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.


In Him,
Joyful
1-12-12



2 comments:

  1. The opening quote in this post is so funny and insightful. Your aims and plans for the new year are excellent. How we spend our time and our money do show what we are like. Your houseboat idea or BBQ in the back yard sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bar, you already live what you wrote. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete