Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summertime

First day of summer break. Slept in until 6:15, made coffee and biscuits for Ron and I then sat on back porch on the swing to enjoy the sunshine. My to do list is long but first I think I will just take a breath and enjoy being home.

It is important each summer for us to make a family calendar of what happens when so we don't overbook or miss something important. The thing is I begin day one of summer with the lazy days stretching out in front of me. Until I start filling the calendar and realize most days are already scheduled. The truth is summer is the time we can fit in doctors and dentist appointments and to travel and spend time with family.

This is also a time to reconnect with friends and to make sure we don't neglect those we see during the school year. As I enjoy a second cup of coffee this morning, I am going to write a few lists and schedule some much needed appointments. Later I will pack for my first of many trips which starts on Wednesday. When I come back a week from now I will have my 7 year old granddaughter with me. Can't wait!

Whether you are working this summer or home with kids enjoy your summer!

In Him,
Joyful

1 comment:

  1. Coffee and biscuits and a porch swing is a fabulous start to your day, and then bringing home a granddaughter soon. I like the way you begin your day, and before I get out of bed, I pray a prayer of thanksgiving. It sets the tone for the day.

    ReplyDelete