Monday, September 21, 2015

Vegan For A Week

I think I can. I think I can. 

Yesterday I made a big pot of veggie soup with loads of flavor from green chili, Siracha, and pesto. My hope is that I will see an improvement in the way I feel if I eliminate dairy and a few other things from my diet. I am a cheese-a-holic. There I have admitted it. Isn't that the first step? For some it is candy or cake but  for me it is cheese and breads. 

My hope is to slowly reintroduce foods so I can evaluate how they make me feel. The truth is I am not great at committing to food limitations. That is why the soup had to be excellent. Natalie is glad I am trying vegan and believes it should be a life change not a week change. I admire her convictions but they are not my convictions. For me this experiment is about health and feeling better. Of course, weight loss would be nice too.

Wish me luck as I pack my soup, fruit and nuts for school. 

In Him,
Joyful
9-21-15

No comments:

Post a Comment