Monday, October 17, 2016

Embrace Your Path or Change It

Another Monday, another day to make a difference in our world. I feel so fortunate to be waking up early this Monday to get started on another week. Are you waking up with great expectations of how your week will unfold? Do you look forward to the interactions of coworkers this week? If it isn't a positive for you, how can you change it? Could your attitude make it better? Or is it at the point that you need to make a plan to change completely where your week takes you? For some of us the job is a good fit. We know we are positively impacting the lives of others. Whether you are a nanny, bus driver, cashier, construction worker, or accountant the way you interact with others comes back to fill your heart with joy or curses. Believe it or not this is not a sermon. The truth is that in my own life I have struggles with appreciating my place in the workforce. When I get negative the job and those around me become a burden and a drudge. The opposite is true when I feel like my being there is a help to others. That is when I get focused, busy, and the fire under me warms not only me but those around me.

Take a look, inventory. Are you where you need to be. Earlier this year I was in the wrong place and had to be brave enough to admit it. If you are where you can bloom begin to bloom. Embrace your career. Each and everyone of us has a role to play. No time to sit on our hands and complain. Change starts with us. Positive living begins from within.

 Michael Jackson said it best.

I’m starting with the man in the mirror
I’m asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
(If you wanna make the world a better place)
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change
(Take a look at yourself, and then make a change)

We really do hold our joy in our own hearts. Embrace your path or change it. Simple? So challenging but so worth it. 

In Him,
Joyful
10-17-16


No comments:

Post a Comment