Sunday, August 6, 2017

First Flat Screen in 2017

My thoughtful husband has a value system that believes you don't replace and toss out items in life unless they don't function. In our society of upgrade and recycle he doesn't always fit in. This is why we still have our 1975 camper van sitting in the driveway and his down jacket from 5th grade still hangs in our closet.  Yesterday we said goodbye to our 2000 Sony Trinitron not because we needed a flat screen, HD, smart TV, but because ours simply rolled over and died. We both realized how convenient this new purchase will be and what a gift to have internet in a jumbo version. Being in our early 60s makes eye sight a bit more challenging.

Whether Ron and I do life right by clinging to older versions of everyday items is not for me to say. I do know it is better for our landfills and our budget. But this blog is not an environmental statement. Paper plates and paper towels are staples in my kitchen. So I am clearly not one to judge. One good thing about waiting is that the price was much lower than those who bought flat screens a decade ago. We also got a SMART tv which weren't around a few years ago. Trust me, we need the Smart in our TV because we aren't as sharp as we were a few decades ago. This tv almost didn't need us to set itself up. It is even smarter than I could have imagined.

Ron and I are excited to use this new purchase. HD is incredible! Luckily, we are still functioning so we will be around a bit longer to enjoy it and not sitting out at the curb to be recycled ourselves.

In Him,
Joyful
8-6-17

No comments:

Post a Comment