Thursday, April 20, 2023

Dreams or the Lack of Ramblings


Dream a little dream of me………….I rarely remember the dreams I have and quite frankly am jealous of those who do. Not the nightmares some live with but the dreams they have that are pleasant. The truth is I don’t have nightmares very often, at least none that wake me up agitated or scared. But dreams are so interesting. That is why others share their dreams. It is also why there are times we wonder if something really happened or if we just dreamed that it did. 

Saying sweet dreams along with a good night kiss is common and certainly part of my nightly routine. Does that really influence the dreams we have? It is kind of like God Bless you when you sneeze. It is said that our heart stops when we sneeze so this saying makes sense. Of course, I have never researched if the heart stopping thing is really true. But hey, we can all use a God Bless you so I say enjoy your allergy season. I sneeze when the sun catches my eye or anything bright really. My dad and I are both sun sneezers and yes that is a thing. So back to dreams. 

Wouldn’t it be great for those of us who don’t enjoy our dreams the next day, if someone came up with a way to capture dreams and share them with us. The practices of keeping a pad of paper on your bedside table is a primitive way to remember. But with advanced technology there will surely be a way to capture even the dreams that can’t be written down. Then someone would probably come up with a way to shame us for our dreams or perhaps even arrest us. 

Who knows how our minds work when it comes to dreams? Experts but certainly I am not the dream whisperer. A fun thing to do when I do remember a dream is to analyze where it might of come from in my awake mind. Dreams are in our brains so they must come from somewhere. Is there a way to stimulate more dreams? Like when a pregnant mom goes for an ultrasound she drinks orange juice so the wee one is more active for the first photos. Maybe I need to eat more green chiles or pickles. 

All this dream and sneeze talk has made me sleepy. I am not sure where this rambling came from. Usually my blog flows from my Bible study that I do right before writing. To be honest, I didn’t even have a dream last night that I know of. So this just came out of thin air. Hey, I wonder if people at different elevations dream differently because of the thin or is it thick air they breath. Okay, I will quit. Perhaps it is time for another cup of coffee to fully wake me up.

Apologetically~ 

Joyful

4=20-23

No comments:

Post a Comment