Saturday, August 8, 2026

Memories are Made at Home or Aboard a Sailboat in Canada


 What a fabulous adventure my Ronnie B is on. I have no regrets not joining this trip with Paul and Cindy. It was the right choice for me to stay home and follow their journey, pictures, and words describing the trip. This photo is impressive of the peaceful voyage they are on. My hope is still to meet them in Victoria and travel the San Juan Islands back to Tacoma. But we will see if they are done and just ready to get back to life on land. Either way I am sure I made the right decision to stay home this time. 

I am currently in Lubbock looking forward to celebrating Kim’s fiftieth birthday and swimming in the hotel pool. Jenn and I came from New Mexico yesterday and will go back home Monday. A three day break from nightly bear activity. It has been a wild summer of bears in Los Alamos. They have been at our house nightly and even got into our mudroom when we carelessly left the door unlatched. Others have had them come in through windows and destroy their kitchens in search of food. We had a late freeze and there is no fruit in LA or White Rock this year. These intruders are just so hungry they are risking all to get a meal. Although I sympathize, I don’t want to share my home with them. 

Ronnie B and I have two more trips planned before the year ends. There is a time for everything. This time I needed/wanted to be home after six weeks in the northwest. But I will be ready to spread my traveling wings come October for Egypt and Kenya. Then we may end up on the Guthrie’s sailboat to the Bahamas for one last journey. The water on that trip will be much more welcoming for me to spend hours swimming. 

What a marvelous life Ron and I are enjoying whether together or miles apart. Life is pretty perfect for these seventy year olds who started out as high school sweethearts many moonrises ago. When I think of life now it is filled with contentment. Is it perfect? Nope. But it is mine and I wouldn’t change a thing. And I can’t wait to hug my Ronnie B whether it is in Canada or back here in New Mexico. I miss him but love the choices we both made this summer. 

In Him,

Joyful

8-8-26

No comments:

Post a Comment