Monday, August 17, 2026

My Napoli Grandson, Nabin

Nabin was patiently waiting all summer for Mayve to embrace him. She wouldn’t even give a fist bump. Our two year old is an observer first and can come off as aloof as she navigates her little life. But this picture proves she has perfect timing. This was Nabin’s last day in our home but not the last day in our family. He will forever be a part of the Barber clan. When he wrote in our book that is for overnight visitors to leave a note, he listed Mayve hugging him as one of his most cherished moments of a summer that included more than a few great moments. I love the expressions in this photo. The connection between them is real. His joy at embracing her is written all over his face. 

What an honor it has beeen to have Nabin in our home this summer. This weekend he went to Colorado to meet his precious girlfriend before returning to school in Louisiana. We ate the best curry and fried rice this summer. Nabin is not only has a big heart but he can cook. I just hope I can duplicate some of his dishes. He left me homemade turmeric that far outshines the store bought versions. Having others share our home has been one of the greatest gifts Ronnie B and I have given ourselves. We are gathering family from around the globe through time spent together.


This moment is etched in my mind. This young man will live a life full of connections because of his willingness to embrace others. I am so glad he became a part of our family. He knows he always has a place to stay and a place at our table. Hopefully, with food he prepared to eat. I won’t even try to compete with his dishes. Perhaps next time he will bring his lovely lady who he says is an even better cook than him. Thank you Nabin for a wonderful summer. You were willing to try everything…….except the hot tub! But it has been a pleasure getting to know our Nepali grandson.

In Him,

Joyful

8-17-26



 

No comments:

Post a Comment