I am putting this as the wallpaper on my phone. It is a prayer that I want to be reminded to pray everyday. This one is for me. Too often I hear God through the filter of how it can benefit others never really internalizing the verse for myself. This needs to penetrate my heart and returning to it day after day will help it do just that. I need God to reveal to me what is stealing my peace that keeps me from Him. What is it that I continue to hold tightly in my grip and why don’t I simply let it go and trust God with it?
It cannot possibly be that I think I have more love or understanding of the circumstance that I am not releasing. Also, my head knows that God loves those I love even more than I could ever love them. He is also much more powerful and all knowing on how to resolve any given situation. But here I sit still clinging to my mom can fix it wand believing if I say the right thing or do the next step to solve a problem that it will somehow fix it. Clearly my efforts have not succeeded in the past. What makes me think my new efforts will prove more effective than what God can do? Too often I let it go just to snatch it back from His capable hands. It is exhausting!
This morning I was listening to a wise 98 year old pastor who shared this verse. I know I have read this verse often over the years. But his prompting to repeat it and let it hit my heart every day made me have hope. Hope that I can let God search my heart for what I need to lay down and what that letting go of can do for my relationship with Him. I want to rest in His peace, to dwell in His grace and trust in His love and kindness. It needs to hit my heart again and again that He has not only my life but the lives of my children and grandchildren in His most capable hands. This I believe but also hope to put firmly in my heart so I can rest.
I highly recommend The Old Pastor’s Table as a YouTube channel that is filled with wisdom for a seventy year old like me but also for younger ones among you. This one I watched this morning and it had not only practical wisdom but verses that pointed to God’s will for my life.
https://youtu.be/QCEuJgWPJa8?is=Bc1tJP0cX-7EzEn-
Let me end with a reminder to myself. Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. He loves me and knows my worries, my wants, and my heart for others. I don’t ever need to carry these on my own but trust Him with not only my salvation but my entire heart. He has this. I can let go of the rope and let Him have it from now on.
In Him,
Joyful
9-18-26

No comments:
Post a Comment