Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Check List

If there are no parking spots in the parking lot, what will the lines be like in the store? Better to just go home and crochet a gift sitting on the couch with a hot cup of tea. I guess the good news is that all the stores are outrageously busy which has to be great for the economy. That is definitely looking at the bright side.

All my gifts are bought, wrapped and sent off so I am ready for this Christmas. The bad thing is I have not had the motivation to decorate. This would not have been a problem because we were going to Arizona for Christmas but now we are probably staying home. What would Christmas be without at least a tree. So that will be my next project to check off the list. Don't be jealous of my accomplishments I have not baked a thing either. Christmas will not be the same unless I get my grandma's datenut pinwheel cookies and some Gramma bread in the oven soon.

This is such a list full time. Each of us have different traditions that we feel compelled to uphold and deliver for our families. Traditions are so important as long as the most important priority is to remember why we are celebrating. Keeping Christ's birthday as the tradition that gives us the greatest gift of all. No need to find a parking spot, stand in a line, or heat up the oven to share and enjoy this most amazing gift of all. Thank God for His amazing gift of His only Son.

In Him,
Joyful
12-17-11

No comments:

Post a Comment