Sunday, December 11, 2011

High School Sweetheart or Faithful Spouse?

As comfortable as an well worn sweatshirt is how my friendship with Pat is. This was a tough weekend for my sweet friend as her ex husband and the love of her life married another. She is such an amazing lady with faith that holds her together. I went down to spend the weekend with her to make it a little less painful if possible. She ended up cheering me up and being such a great friend even when her heart was breaking. I love this lady. I like this lady. I admire her faith and her strength.

This makes 2 of my friends whose lifetime husbands have left them for high school sweethearts. What is wrong with these men. The more important question is what is wrong with these women who are willing to disrupt a family for there own twisted memories of a teen romance. Do they seriously think that they can build a meaningful relationship based on deceit and selfishness? I just don't understand this thinking.

I told Ron he is stuck with me since we were high school sweethearts. Even though I am with my high school love I realize that we were just kids and what we felt then was so shallow compared to our love now. Guess I can't throw stones at these louses but really how many wake up a year or 2 later and shake their head at their stupid thinking? In our 50s we don't even resemble who we were in our teens anymore. Perhaps it is a midlife thing an attempt to regain youth. I have an idea. Go out and get a convertible or better yet take a trip with your spouse, the mother of your children.

This blog was intended to provide you with a window to how amazing my friend is and instead I vented.   Let me leave you with a positive note. Even in times of abandonment and deception there are those like Pat who let the Lord be her strength and prove to the rest of us just how big His arms are.

In Him,
Joyful
12-11-11

No comments:

Post a Comment