Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Differences and Today Is A New Day

People are all different that is a fact of life. Some of us are morning people and some are not. There are dog lovers and cat lovers and get that animal out of my house people. My house is cluttered and messy while I have friends who are neat and tidy. Even my cats from the same litter each have their own personality. In the morning when I let them out of the kennel Moo just pops right out and runs for the door while Bukowski lays there begging for just a few more minutes of snuggling in bed.

Each of us struggles with our own addictions and bad habits. There are people who have great willpower when it comes to food or booze but may find it challenging to not be jealous or anxious in certain situations. Personally, I struggle with keeping my lips closed and not sharing too much or giving my most impressive opinion too much. Of course there are around a dozen or more other aspects of live I am challenged with as well but today this is the one that is bothering me.

Yesterday was a particularly bad day for my mouth. Even my blog started with a positive idea and turned quickly to the negative judgmental side. I know when I need to just keep quiet but there I go on and on and on past the point of regret. The excuse could be made that I am older and wiser and need to share my thoughts with others but the truth is I was this way when I was a toddler.

So here I am in  the early morning trying to learn from yesterday and bide my tongue better. Thank God for each new day when we can all try to do better with our choices and our actions. My plan for today is to speak in one word responses then I can only get in a tiny bit of trouble.

In Him,
Joyful

No comments:

Post a Comment