Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Can't Not Share My Faith

Recently I was approached by a friend who said she couldn't stand Christians who try to cram Christ down her throat. This led to a conversation where I was able to share my heart. I never want to bully anyone with Christ or my faith. What I do want is to be bold enough to share my faith. I could not imagine walking through life without my God right there beside me to listen, guide, and comfort me. Sharing my faith is so that others I love won't be alone in this life and will have the support that I have that Jesus provides with his presence.

Young Life provided me an opportunity to share with middle schoolers and teens who feel so alone and unheard. Getting them to realize that they could connect to Christ even when no one was responding on Facebook or by texts gave them hope. Not only is God always just a whisper away, he also loves us unconditionally. He is just there to accept us and to love us no matter what we say or do.

jjheller has a line in her song 'No matter what I have done or what I may become, who will love me for me.'

Heck, I share good deals at the store with friends. How could I not share this Good News of unconditional love and life? I share my faith because I want others to have what I have in Him.

In Him,
Joyful
1-22-12

11 comments:

  1. I have visited your blog a few times and had difficulty in leaving a comment but it seems to work at this moment in time so I will take the opportunity to respond. I think of my sharing of my faith as being an example...I will share my faith if someone asks but don't hesitate to speak of what is in my heart. I;ve also surrounded myself by individuals who love God as well so that has helped. Thanks so much for your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.

    Jesus taught us, above all else, to share and spread His Love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of times we can show people by our love and how we act too. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Chatty. Our actions are the evidence of Christ in our lives. Words are just words.

      Delete
  4. This is where big trust comes in. Learning not to take it personally if someone rejects us, as they are really not rejecting us but Christ. Good post. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post.....if we had a cure for cancer, we sure wouldn't withhold it and so not to tell others about Christ and eternal life would be withholding the most wonderful gift of all....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I so understand your desires and I've had some family members and in laws that acted the way your friend did. I think it is our lives that speak the loudest and will give testimony to the Lord being there continually. May you be blessed as you seek to share Life with others.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said!

    Thanks for stopping by today!

    I admire folks who work with the young people. They require a different level of energy and begin able to view the world from a different perspective, one that they can relate to!

    Sharing our heart and how Christ impacts our lives can be a slippery slope, but one we must all step out on. Sometimes I have a good footing and other times I fall flat on my face! I love that practice makes perfect and that even with practice we are never called to be perfect!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post.

    I never mind when people talk religion to me unless they get mean about it. Like the whole "you were burn in hell if you don't do such and such.." That rubs me the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a hard situation. I agree with the others - for the most part I let who I am as a person be my testimony. You can keep me from talking, but you can't take away the light in my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete