Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hunger Is Not My Enemy

I am getting reacquainted with hunger on this 10 day fast. Guess I should have seen this coming. This has been an insightful experience for me. Beginning this I had little confidence that I could have the willpower it would take to just have fruit and vegetable juice for 10 days. As much as I needed to do this for my health I needed to do it to prove who I am. That I have it in me to be obedient.

Not only have I not touched food, coffee, or diet Coke, but I have also been able to be around others eating. Thursday I set up refreshments, and I helped cut up cinnamon rolls and pancakes. Sunday I made chicken noodle soup for family and friends who were under the weather. While making soup I did taste the broth. I mean it had to taste like Noni's soup. Last night I went out for my Tuesday girl's night out.

Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Though I didn't think I had it in me to be obedient I have not been too tempted to sneak a bite here or nibble there. Some will say it is a mindset, and I guess it is. But I have also prayed for obedience through the last 8 days. It has been an extremely stressful week at work, and normally I would have used that and so many other excuses to throw up my hands and quit. But this time I didn't. My adult life I have limited what I can do by being overweight. This lymphodema has opened my eyes to the fact that I must be responsible for my health. At 55 the time is now.

So far I haven't seen a relief in my lymph swelling, but I have felt fine through the process. The proof is clear that I can live healthier through my own choices.

In Him,
Joyful
2-1-12


SS

2 comments:

  1. How did you deal with not chewing? I think it is the act of actually eating that I would miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, I think when we begin juicing and continue(even after the fast)to at least one meal a day, you will see the benefits long term. Blessings as you continue on.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete