Sunday, February 26, 2012

When Tomorrow Starts Without Me

Ron and I came across this poem last night and it was as if Ryan sat down to have a chat with us. Losing our son has been unbearable but there have been blessings as well. We no longer have to worry about him because we rest in the truth that he is safe in God's arms. Another blessing for us is that we have been allowed, through Facebook, to see our compassionate son through the eyes of all those who knew and loved him. That he spent his short time on this earth unselfishly encouraging others just reminds us of what we already know about who Ryan was and how he lived his life. His struggles with substances and depression were not what defined him but his ability to put others first was what showed his heart.
 
In Him,
Joyful
2-26-12

4 comments:

  1. Very Powerful...a couple thoughts come to mind; 1.) I was very close with my grandmother and although she has been gone sinc '86 I continue to feel her presence with me expecially during difficult times. 2.) I myself struggle with depression and eating disorders and I do not hesitate to spread the word that depression can happen to the best of us and it is NOT anything to be ashamed of. Bless you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy. We all need to just love on each other through the good times and the bad. None of us are immune to thoughts of gloom. My son took his life after learning one of his dear aunts had passed on and after spending Easter away from his precious daughter.
      Glad you feel your grandma near. Praying for you and yours.
      Joyful

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful poem! I'm so glad you found it and to hear that it comforts you a bit. Many blessings, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darlin' I wish I could reach through and hug ya right now! The poem is absolutely beautiful and I can see how you feel comfort by it.

    I'm so very sad that you and your family had to walk this walk but I'm in awe of the good things you've grabbed on to. God is good.

    God bless and have a beautiful day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete