Friday, March 30, 2012

Aunt Judy's Love

Always a smile, always available, always a grateful heart that is the description of my Aunt Judy. She is 70 today and will be blessed with people around her to celebrate her life and her love for others. This precious lady has never had anything fancy or new but her heart for others draws each of us to her. All her kids have big, modern homes but it is Aunt Judy's cozy, older house that we all gravitate to. She has a sign in book by the backdoor so she can cherish each visitor even after they have gone.

My Aunt has written me countless notes while sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office. She takes anyone who needs her tender support to the doctor so they don't need to go alone. I am honored that she starts the card with that she was just sitting there thinking of me. It is so heartwarming to know that even hundreds of miles apart, I just come to her mind and put a smile on her face. That is how she makes each of us feel. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who believes that I am definitely her favorite. Her love for her sisters, children and nieces and nephews is even captured in her lilting message on her cell phone. It is a greeting that makes me smile as I leave her a message each time. There has never been a birthday for anyone she loves that a card doesn't arrive with a single piece of gum. My kids and I always look forward to her cards and the piece of gum that is her signature birthday hug.

She is the baby girl of 3 girls and oh how this giggling sisters love to be together. One or the other usually buys a bright colored tshirt for all of them to wear so everyone can tell they are a trio. My mom is the middle girl and 8 years Judy's senior and her sister time is so important to her. Whether they are helping each other pick out furniture or shopping for a birthday gift their time together is filled with laughter and joy.

Today my aunt turns 70 which is difficult to believe because she is so young-at-heart. The 3 Peabody sisters are on their way to lunch, shop and laugh together. When I called this morning and sang the entire Birthday song that is expected, my aunt reminded me what a blessing I am to her. She just has that way of making me feel loved. Somehow I need to find more time in my life to sit at her feet and be blessed.

In Him,
Joyful
3-30-12

2 comments:

  1. Awww, good for your aunt and ALL of her sisters...aren't people that make us feel loved so special? My Grandma was that way and I try to do that for my students....
    thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday to your aunt!

    ReplyDelete