Thursday, March 29, 2012

“My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

Sometimes the answer is sleep. God moved mountains yesterday for me. The path of my work life changed dramatically and unexpectedly but it will be good. Now I just need to embrace the blessings and let go of the disappointments along the way.

After a day of change, I came home and slept from 5 pm until 5:30 am. Sleeping the clock around is not something any of us do often but last night it was healing. My phone was turned to silent for a meeting with the midschool principal and I forgot to turn it back on. I apologized to those who couldn't reach me but I slept uninterrupted. This was just what I needed.

There is a part of me that wants to dig in my heels against the changes ahead. The truth is that I am already beginning to open my eyes to the new possibilities and opportunities. My principal said we all need to be reeds in a stream not rocks in the stream. This is a good analogy for me. I want to let life flow not be an obstruction. It helps so much that I believe God's control in all of this. He will walk beside me, as he did today, and set the table for great success.

Walking in Him,
Joyful

Exodus 33:14 The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”



Walking in Him,
Joyful
3-29-12




No comments:

Post a Comment