Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just Being At Home

Lazy Saturday afternoon is so restful after a morning of being with our 3 rambunctious grandchildren enjoying the park and yard work. They gobbled up the UFO breakfasts that their daddy loved as a child. Then we cleaned up and headed to the sunny park filled with soccer games and sand toys. Heavenly! Our little ones may be young but they were helpful in filling the 6 giant bags full of pine needles and cones between trips down the slides and up the apple trees. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

Now I have finished my Bible study, Experiencing God, that Natalie gave me for my birthday. A friend and I are going to take a drive later to catch up with each other. We have been on the go and out of town or with company every weekend the past 6 weeks. So Ron and I are enjoying the quiet time this afternoon of just being in our home. Too often we forget to slow down and be restful.

"Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)


I need to remember that more often.


In Him,
Joyful
4-21-12

2 comments:

  1. How right you are joyful. It is so cloudy here in Ky. for Thunder over Louisville and it is getting colder as the day goes on. I have been reading and sipping my hot chocolate. I love to hear stories of families being together. Nothing like the grands. Blessings to you and yours.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my favorite verse. It's gotten me through everything in life. I did the bible study Experiencing God a few years back and loved it. I'm a follower of Christ, and now...a follower of you. :-) I love finding believers in the blogging world! Come visit me in my Ballpark (click on my name.)

    ReplyDelete