Saturday, April 21, 2012

Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter


I was explaining to a friend on our way out of town for a girl's night that I have to quit whining because it is not what you gather but what you scatter that matters in life. In particular, I snivel that God placed a low mileage, wonderfully priced vehicle that gets fantastic mileage in my life. The problem was that I dreamed of my after mini-van car and it needed to be a pearl white, Toyota Solaro convertible with a camel top and absolutely not a silver one. As you may have guessed my steal of a deal was not only a hard topped Honda Civic it was silver to boot.

Right after I shared with her we pulled up to a pearl white, Toyota Solaro convertible as we chuckled about God's humor a silver Honda Civic passed us. So here was God saying, "See they both travel down the highway just the same." How much wind do I need in my hair? To be honest I don't ever drive with my windows down.  Besides the Honda driver is saving so many gas dollars that she can afford to ride in air conditioned comfort. Guess He knew best all along.

It may be time to turn my whining into praise. Ya think?

In Him,
Joyful
4-21-12


No comments:

Post a Comment