Friday, June 22, 2012

Refocus

Romans 7:15

English Standard Version (ESV)
15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.


The sinful nature  that exists within each of us.

 Regret    What we feel when we have done what we shouldn't or avoided doing what we should.

Procrastination Avoidance or the putting off of what we should accomplish.

Over indulgence The giving in to our own gluttony and selfishness.

Focus When we get back in His word and back on our knees to put our sinful nature back under control.

Lately, I have been unfocused and wallowing in my sinful nature. It is easy to convince myself that life is hard so I shouldn't be held accountable. To justify my indulgences with the lie that I deserve to treat myself and avoid responsibility.  A pity party leads to regret. Time to get back to life, to focus, to accomplishing and feeling good about my decisions.

Summertime is not an excuse, it is an opportunity to accomplish. A time to focus. I would like to be proud and improved when September rolls around rather than frustrated by my choices. So today is the day. The first day of my refocus. Lists to make, phone calls too and a new attitude!

Confident In Him,
Joyful
6-22-12

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan brave woman. There is no rule or regulation that mandates how long one grieves for a lost loved one. Every time I see twin brunettes I think of our lost babies. What would they look like now? To me they are still precious babies. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I so needed to read this. #3 has been my cross to bear lately, and I'm so discouraged. I need to start over too. Thank your for this great post!

    ReplyDelete