Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Summer's End

Vamos a la Playa~oh,oh,oh,oh,oh!

                                                We are going to the beach~oh,oh,oh,oh,oh!

Today we leave for the beach to spend time with Natalie, Tanner, Bethany and Paul, Cindy and the girls. I love the beach. I love the ocean. Let's face it I love anything to do with water and getting wet. The boogie boards are packed along with the sunscreen so we are ready. Sadly, Dorothy, Hector and the girls and Cam, Britt and the kids won't be able to join us this time. But it is exciting to get to spend time with my nieces at the beach. After a week at the beach we have a Family Reunion with more great fun and conversations. Ron's Mom was the oldest of 10 so this is one large gathering of Vigils.

No need to pack a book or even try to blog. It is going to be a time to be present with those we are with. I am hoping to keep up my walking by going on Natalie's dog walks with her. I may even get a glimpse of some of the uber rich houses she speaks about. I will fly home to start work on the 10th and Ronnie B. will drive home checking out Stone Calendars along the way. 

It has been a wonderful summer. Including the 4 week trip at the beginning with Mom and Lissa and then a solid month of home time. Now this is the icing on the cake to get to be with family we love frolicking in the sun. I may be a bit too old and overweight to frolic but I will give it my best effort. Having Natalie living right on the beach in Oceanside has been a blessing for my daughter and a gift to us since she is willing to let us crash on her floors. Maybe someday we will have our own casa by the sand. Until then we are glad Natalie's backyard is the Pacific.

I love my life. Ron is so relaxed in this new retirement phase and we are really enjoying each other. Having Lissa here has been full of fun and laughter. She is such a gift that Dorothy shares so generously. 

We have been interviewing at school for staff in my program. It is going to be a year with many returning heart kids and a couple of new ones that are not new to me. I get to work with one of my favorite Young Life ladies who will be awesome with the kids. This last year of teaching looks like it might be my best year yet. 

Life is good. I need to enjoy the journey that has brought us here and the path forward as we approach our 60s together. God has this. His powerful ocean waves that I love to play in are proof of that.

In Him,
Joyful
7-28-15


No comments:

Post a Comment