Tuesday, July 21, 2015

This I Know~Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes Jesus loves me.
Yes Jesus loves me.
Yes Jesus loves me. 
The Bible tells me so.


This is a song I need to sing every single day. My faith is not about religion but a relationship with Jesus. Singing these familiar words warms my heart as it reminds me of His promise to love me. There are often times when life sort of punches me in the face but Christ's love for me is real. He does not cause my grief or keep me from heartache. His promise is to love me through my mistakes, through my sadness, through my joy. What a comfort to know that His agape love is always here for me. When I am weak He is strong and I can lay my life on Him. He is not my crutch He is my stretcher to carry me when I can't stand on my own. 

His love for me includes placing friends and family in my life. I once heard it said that life can be so difficult that we shouldn't try to do it on our own. This is so true. God gave us each other to love and support one another. I feel so fortunate that I am surrounded by His love and the love of each of you. 

Chorus

“Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Chorus
“Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

Chorus
“Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

Oh how He loves me. Enough to walk beside me on my way.

In Him,
Joyful
7-21-15

No comments:

Post a Comment