Monday, July 20, 2015

Positive Persistence

Romans 7:15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."

Today is the day." Mel Fisher said this everyday for years as he searched for the Atocha shipwreck. Positive persistence. Each of us would have our lives changed if we chose to be positive in striving toward our goals rather than whining and complaining. Everyone of us has areas of our lives we would choose to change if we could. It is possible if we approached challenges with positive persistence.

I have shared Mel Fisher's story with my special ed students over the years. Each of them lives with  obstacles that mist of us don't have to maneuver around.  These courageous kids have taught me so much about striving to succeed. Positive persistence moves them forward toward their goals.

Each of us has areas in our life we would like to change or improve. Maybe a bad habit that we want to extinguish all together. Couldn't we accomplish more if we put away the negative attitude and wrapped ourselves in positive persistence.

For me being jealous and gossiping are two of many negatives I would like to remove from my life.  I regret when I act on these emotions but I really don't follow a path to rid myself of them.  Instead of feeling guilty I could/can choose to move away from these toward a healthier outlook. Spending my time praying for others or limiting myself to only saying positive things could accomplish this if I stayed focused.  It is possible to change my heart and actions but it takes work, prayer and drive.

Choose one aspect of your life you want to work on and join me as I work on gossiping and jealousy. If you keep me accountable I will be here to help you. Let me know if you have other ideas to move me away from negative into the light of a positive heart toward others.

In Him,
Joyful
7-20-15


No comments:

Post a Comment