Friday, November 6, 2015

Seeing Blue Sky After A Storm

If I regarded my life from the point of view of the pessimist, I should be undone. I should seek in vain for the light that does not visit my eyes and the music that does not ring in my ears. I should beg night and day and never be satisfied. I should sit apart in awful solitude, a prey to fear and despair. But since I consider it a duty to myself and to others to be happy, I escape a misery worse than any physical deprivation. --Helen Keller

What an inspiration Helen Keller was. If she in her dark, silent world could achieve so much never giving up, how can we not have hope? There are storms in our lives that we must walk through but there are also blue skies on the other side. 

I have a friend who is lost, broken both physically and mentally. She is having a hard time seeing any hope in her future. If she could cling to even one spark of hope she could take a first tiny step toward healing. Right now that feels impossible. I grieve that I don't know how to help her. Her hopelessness scares me. 

The loneliness and despair she feels is overwhelming. There are times I take my faith for granted. It is just a part of me, of my life. Jesus walks beside me always so I never have to face any circumstances alone. It breaks my heart that my friend doesn't have the comfort of His love. My prayer is she can open her heart and let hope and love flood in. 

She can get through this. The trouble is getting her to see that there is that blue sky on the other side. I feel inadequate to help her. All I can do is listen and pray.

In Him,
Joyful
11-6-15

No comments:

Post a Comment