Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Day 30 of Whole 30


I am going out today to get this setup.
Today is day 30 of my Whole 30 elimination plan.
What I have learned most is that I can choose to follow through
even during the holiday feasting.

I had 2 oops moments.
One was communion at church.
I get a pass.
One was potatoes that I am pretty sure had cheese in them.
I ate them anyway.

The great successes were holiday parties where I made sweet treats 
without even licking a finger.
Christmas morning cinnamon rolls and rolls for ham sandwiches
were a challenge.

Before I began this I read an article that said to start NOW. So I did.
I started on November 30th.
The other important thought was that this is not hard.
Cancer is hard.
Divorce is hard.
Losing a loved one is hard.
Drug addiction is hard.
Choosing not to put something in my mouth is not hard.
Okay, to be honest it is a little hard.

But I kept reminding myself that this is not hard.
It was not as hard as I thought it would be.
I had a weird confidence that I could accomplish this.

So now, 12 pounds gone.
 I will begin adding foods back one at a time to see how they affect me.
First are legumes. Gotta have my refried beans in New Mexico.

My birthday is April 4th. That is 3 months away.
I plan to be a healthy eater with my new do's and don'ts by then.

In Him,
Joyful
12-29-15

No comments:

Post a Comment