Monday, May 9, 2016

Words From The Heart, The Best Gift of All


My precious daughter knows my heart so well. This Mother's Day is bittersweet with heartaches as well as blessings. God keeps putting the word 'surrender' on my heart. There are too many things to list that I need to surrender. True faith is being thankful for all things and realizing that I don't see the big picture. Looking back on my life and my path to and through motherhood brings tears to my eyes. There were years of infertility and loss when I never imagined I would be fortunate enough to have four children of my own. The new season of my life where my children are grown and busy with their own lives and families are a different kind of gift.

Natalie's words to me yesterday are the greatest gift I could receive. Her heart, her love and her friendship are my greatest treasure. I am a mom who is truly blessed.

Words from my girl:  I will never have the words to convey who you are. I am who I am because of you. I know it may it seem as though I am just saying all of this because you are my mom, and I am therefore bias...but you're not even my real mom. You are the most complex, beautiful, courageous and loving person I have ever know. I am so blessed to know you. You are more beautiful than you know. I promise you you that you are a woman of honor, a woman of love and woman who is so full of His love. I promise you have done a more impeccable job of raising 4 kids than your fears or insecurities may sometimes have you believe. I love you beyond words. You are my mom and my favorite friend.

In Him,
Joyful
5-9-16

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful. It is a different kind of joy having grown children, for sure. We miss having them on our laps and getting snuggles with them every day, but it is satisfying to see them grown and happy. Happy (late) Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete