Wednesday, November 28, 2018

I Am the Leaf in the Stream


A leaf in a stream goes where the water takes it. That image is where I am getting my courage to once again step away from a position that I love and people that I adore. I feel God pressing in my back once again to trust Him with my next steps and just let Him be the stream that carries me where I am meant to go. I am trying to rest in that as I get down to the last 18 days of teaching in one of my favorite classrooms. God is already touching my heart with where He wants me after this. Although I must trust because I always try to take control and don’t always know how life will unfold or where I will end up.

What I do know is that where ever and whatever I do next He will allow me to touch the lives of others and be blessed as they touch me. I am finally confident that He isn’t done with me yet. That there is still work to be done and that He will equip me with the heart and skills to connect to whatever it is.

At this moment I feel led to start a support group for all the young adult sisters who have lost their brothers way too soon. I see my own daughter struggling with the heartbreak of losing her own brother.. There are too many that are my heart girls that suffer from this loss. I want to wrap my arms around them and bring them together to embrace each other. God knows how this effort will unfold. Mine is just to be willing to say yes and take the first steps.

It also seems like I am meant to learn to weave. My wrist is not cooperating to crochet me into old age and I so need something to keep my hands busy. Blogging is also so important to me and I need to be intentional about blogging each and everyday.

Mostly I know that as the saying goes life happens when we are busy making plans. I spent my life saying I couldn’t and wouldn’t do preschool. Then God placed me in the early intervention program with birth to three year olds, then in a classroom with preschoolers and next fulltime with kinders to third graders. Who knew? He did. I can’t wait to see what is next. What I know is my heart will be filled with the joy that is my stream.

In Him,
Joyful
11-28-18


No comments:

Post a Comment