Friday, May 5, 2023

Light at the End of the Tunnel

 


Oh what a beautiful morning. The trees are blooming, flowers are coming to life, and the sun is warm on my face. I am so thankful for this day, this season, this time of life. Is life perfect? Not at all. There are always transitions and struggles even as the daybreaks with such beauty. But I am leaning on my list of all God has done for me over a lifetime. And that brings trust and hope for what will come next. 

This morning, a Bible study spoke about making a list of those things that God brought us through over the decades. Then don’t place it in a drawer but cling to it and let it sink in each and everyday. Maybe there are times when I need to believe that even in this He will walk beside me. What is on your list? I have had to rewrite mine so many times. Adding new circumstances that felt like they would never resolve and recalling those that are in the rearview mirror. Just writing them down builds faith for the future. But keeping them close weaves them into the fiber of your being providing much needed evidence of hope for the next chapter. You have this. God has this with you. Even if it doesn’t turn out as I wish, I am confident that I am not alone and that He will use it to strengthen me and encourage others. 

There is light at the end of a tunnel and even if the passage through is rough, I can come out into the sunshine on the other side. Because I can see the light ahead, I am not alone, and I have traveled through more tunnels than I can recall in my past. For these reasons, I am confident that I won’t stay in this darkness indefinitely.

In Him,

Joyful

5-5-23

No comments:

Post a Comment