Sunday, September 17, 2023

Rugs can Travel in my Kitchen


Put your slippers so far under your bed that you will have to get on your knees to get them.     Denzel Washington

What a powerful way to begin each day. On our knees thanking God for what He has done, what He is doing, and what He will do. Gratitude is how I want to start my day. My hope is to stay away from the what ifs and focus on the even ifs of life. When I need to make a decision, I will often make a pros and cons list to help me see the direction I need to go. What if with my daily life I focus on the pro list and let go of the cons. 


It is human nature to see what is missing or out of place rather than all that is exactly where it should be. I have an incredible lady who cleans my house once a month. She is so thorough and does tasks that I would never do. For instance, she wipes off the leaves of my plants. I can assure you I have never in my life cleaned my plant leaves. But she does. Funny thing is that as long as she comes and sees my five kitchen rugs where I put them, she always puts them in different places. It has become a joy to walk in and see them in a different place each time. At first, it bugged me. Now it makes me smile. She never puts them in the same place twice so it is not that she thinks her way is better than mine. It is just not her focus. I want to see all that she has done not the one thing that she overlooked. Isn’t that how I want others to have grace for me? You bet it is. 

So even though I am not comfortable kneeling on my old knees, I still can start my day with my pro list of life. I want to be the person others sees as a positive force not a BMW. Bitch, Moan and Whine. After all, nobody wants to be the dark cloud but rather the ray of sun. 

In Hin,

Joyful

9-17-23

Happy 39th to my first born Cameron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment