Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Perfect Gift

Since heaven has become your home
I sometimes feel so alone;
And though we now are far apart
You hold a big piece of my heart.
I never knew how much I'd grieve
When it was time for you to leave,
Or just how much my heart would ache
From that one fragment you would take.
God lets this tender hole remain
Reminding me we'll meet again,
And one day all the pain will cease
When he restores this missing piece.
He'll turn to joy my every tear
And when I wear this necklace near
It will become my special way
To treasure our reunion day.

This poem was a gift from my son and daughter-in-law with a picture of Ryan and a beautiful, silver, heart shaped pendant with a hole the shape of a teardrop. What a perfect gift for this Christmas. I miss my son but cherish my children that I can still wrap my arms around. I thank God for giving me the clarity to see all the treasures I have in my life everyday.

In Him,
Joyful
12-28-2010

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful poem and gift you received.
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete