Monday, December 27, 2010

A Simple Figurine

A simple figurine of a man and woman sitting with his arms surrounding her in a loving embrace was the perfect gift Ron gave me this Christmas. The love and support it represents are the best gift I could receive. Getting through the past year would have been impossible without him here, not only beside me, but holding me up with love and understanding.

Today, I believe we will be okay. With our grandkids all running through the house and the joyful chaos that comes with a house full of those we love, we are sitting back watching life unfold. Life is not what we plan for but it is what we live with.

The blessing in my life is Ron by my side. This loving, supportive relationship was certainly prayed for and certainly worth waiting for. Life is not always easy but it is worth living through. We cannot change the past but we can look back at the joyful  times we spend with those we love. Then we look forward to times that are to come with those God will bring into our lives.

Today, sitting on the couch embracing much like the precious figurine Ron and I are smiling for what we have and for what we lost.

In Him,
Joyful
12-27-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment