Sunday, March 13, 2011

Helpless

My friends are there for me by simply being my friends. I got a call yesterday and spent time today with 2 of my lifetime friends. They both expressed concern over not knowing how to help me get through this rough season of life. I know how helpless they feel because I feel helpless in trying to support Ron and the kids through this. But what I wish I could convey to them is that the mere fact that they are in my life is a comfort and support. Guess I need to remember that myself.

The hardest part of this is knowing that my daughter is struggling as she pulls away from all of us who love her. She is off with someone who even she says is not her future, and we don't have an address for her, and her phone is shut off. This is terrifying for me. With one child already gone I pray it is not God's plan that I must lose another.

I need is to know she is leaning into God's arms and not pulling away from Him and all those he has put in her life to love and support her. I know without my faith, family and friends there is no way I could get through this storm. The thought of her out there alone without us leaves me shaking. I have to remember the strong faith she has, and that she is never alone. God is only a whisper away and is there even now. This is a test of my faith believing God can care for her even  better than me, her mother.

So I know how helpless friends feel as they watch Ron and I grieving for our sweet son. But I pray they can take comfort in knowing God gave them to us as a gift to get us through even this. Their love and prayers matters even when it feels like there is nothing else they can do. I pray for comfort for all those we love and peace for all of us.

It will be May eventually but first we must weather this. Thankfully, we are not alone!

In Him,
Joyful
3-13-11

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment