Thursday, December 22, 2011

Enjoy Down Time

Deciding to thank God for this time on the couch. I completed the recipe book for my darling daughter and have read blogs I haven't had time to read. Hallmark had kept me inspired with endless Christmas movies so I have not had to resort to daytime tv. My crocheting is within arms reach so I can continue that at my leisure.

Leisure time is something I envy until it is forced upon me. Then here it is and I am frustrated by it instead of embracing it. Silly me.

The wall of windows in my cozy family room are filled with gently falling snow. What a beautiful scene God has provided me with while I am couch bound. I need to be appreciative. Christmas dinner will be what my family decides this year so I can just relax and be thankful or whine that it is not how I would do it. Lord give me a positive heart.

My ankle will heal and I will get back to my busy life. For now I need to enjoy this time off to read, rest, and crochet. But it would be nice if I could get a cup of coffee! So stop by for a chat and I take mine black.

In Him,
Joyful
12-22-11

4 comments:

  1. It is time for others to help. Relax and try to embrace this time. I am going to put a movie in and wrap presents. I watched all the new premiere movies on Hallmark this year. Nice family movies! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I can't imagine how difficult it is, at this time of year, to be housebound and laid up. I pray your ankle will heal quickly and your days will be filled with the peace that passes understanding. Glad you have a view of the white stuff to see-it is beautiful!
    Many blessings from our house to yours, for a picture perfect Christmas day.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving watching all the Christmas movies on t.v. Hope you are all healed up soon but for now, enjoy your leisure time and your beautiful snow. Doesn't look like we'll be having a replay of our white Christmas from last year here since it has been exceptionally warm and raining.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the theme of your blog, balancing life to achieve joy.
    Merry Christmas and I am going to sign up to follow you. I hope you enjoy this quiet time as your ankle heals.

    ReplyDelete