Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Am Not In Charge,Today

I am indispensable, right? My class needs me, Christmas is just a few days away, and there is so much to do. Guess God showed me that life can happen without my brilliant input. So here I lay with an ice pack on my elevated ankle without a productive moment in two days.

 Just a slight fall with my ankle at the wrong angle yesterday morning and my morning crosswalk duty was over. I handed the STOP sign to a helpful parent and scooted my quickly freezing butt out of the gutter onto the sidewalk to wait for the school nurse and her wheelchair.

Amazingly, my students and staff survived 2 of the toughest days of the year without me. Not only is it Christmas week but Monday was a snow day and there is 10 inches of snow on the ground. Talk about getting kids wound up! The staff potluck went on without me and all the presents are wrapped thanks to my helpful son. People have helped me up and down to go to the potty my big adventure these days.

God knows I can be want to be in charge. Guess this week I will have to live with my ankle dictating my activities or lack of activities. This has given me time to be grateful that I have no chronic pain. My ankle hurts and throbs but I am aware that this agony is only temporary. That is not true of those who live with pain day after day. I believe I do have a role to play this week. Praying for others and thanking God for my health and mobility.

In Him,
Joyful
12-21-11

No comments:

Post a Comment