Thursday, January 26, 2012

Noni's Park

We are blessed to live with a neighborhood park right behind our home. I love listening to all the happy sounds that come in my windows. Soccer practice, ultimate frisbee, or just a family enjoying the day provide a sweet  entertainment that I  enjoy.  It is a great stress reliever and always brings a smile. People stroll past while I sit in my chair with a good book and stop to chat. Others are caught up in their activities and I get to be just a part of the landscape.

Since it is winter there are only a handful of people walking their dogs through the park. The sweet sounds are silent. This has been a stressful week for me and I find myself missing my melody of park sounds. It calms me down more than I realize.

The opportunity to get caught up in the joy of a family bringing their newborn to the park with a cozy blanket and toys blesses me. Yes, they even bring toys for a newborn. It is a first outing and everything must be just right. The camera is packed in the stroller to capture the moment and I am privileged to witness the gentle scene.

Another mom is tirelessly guiding her little one as she gains the freedom of riding her bike without the training wheels. How proud she is of her daughter's accomplishment. Exhausted but filled with love. Then there is the young lady who swings whether it is summer or winter. The weather doesn't seem to phase her she just has a need to swing. For hours she can stay all alone pumping her arms and legs. I would love to understand but I refrain from intruding on this time that she so obviously needs.

Living behind Noni's park, which is what my grandkids call it, is one of my complete pleasures. Now it is covered in snow with only scattered footprints and pawprints. But it holds the promise of life and love in the approaching Spring. Until then I will have to cozy in with a good book and wait.

In Him,
Joyful
1-26-12

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Winter blessings to you!
    Noni's Park sounds like a great place!!!
    I'd like to sit there with you and admire the quiet and nature's beauty. Reading a book would be pleasant!

    God bless and may you have a terrific week-end.
    So glad the week-end is just about here,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I enjoyed God's nature. Always loved forests. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete