Saturday, March 10, 2012

Family Filled Home

At the end of a hard work week it is such a blessing to have a quiet morning at home. To make it even more special, my Mom and granddaughter are here from Arizona for Elissa's Spring Break. Having 2 of my grown kiddos here gives Ron and I a houseful that keeps a smile on our faces. I have a little plaque in my room that says, 'I like my birdhouse filled with little birds.' Isn't that the truth!

My neighbor next door is expecting her sister from Texas this week and couldn't stop smiling all day yesterday. It is such a gift when family comes to visit and gets to spend time together. Some would say that going to exotic locations is the way to spend time off. It is wonderful to see the world but the relationship building that occurs when families get together and the memories that are created are priceless. I guess the perfect getaway is when families all travel off together to see the world together.

We used to go to Puerto Penasco after Christmas most years with all of Ron's family and all the kiddos. Those were wonderful trips where traditions were made from everyone creating a shrimp dish to the white elephant on New Year's Eve. Spending time camping on the beach was a relaxing time to just sit and visit or lay in the sand and share happenings from our lives.

Some of my best memories are of spur of the moment trips to take Natalie to volunteer at Young Life camps. When we just called up my Mom and sister and said get your bag packed we will be there to take you to San Diego tomorrow. Their willingness to just go was the reason we were able to have such fun and laughter together.

Family times together are definitely my most favorite in life.

In Him,
Joyful
3-10-12

1 comment:

  1. you know, spontaneity sounds so wonderful and I wish I were more spontaneous, but I'm not...
    :(

    ReplyDelete