Wednesday, April 24, 2013

God Can Fill Their Potholes

Today I am focused on praying my kids through their trials rather than putting on my 'Mom Fix-it Hat'. It would seem that I would have discovered this years ago that I am not able to control or protect those I love from struggles life brings. I never said I am a quick study! Too often my first response to a pothole in someone's path is to grab a shovel and start trying to make it all smooth. This rarely works. First of all, I am not that great with a shovel or a broom for that matter. Secondly, their path doesn't need to be perfected by me. Those bumps and dips along life's road are opportunities. Opportunities to learn, to grow, to stumble are opportunities I shouldn't protect others from. My role needs to be support, prayerful, loving and listen to them when things are falling apart and just be present in their lives.

My grown children are all dealing with complications and crossroads in their lives. God can guide them  through these decisions. He is only a whisper away. Directing them to prayer and scripture is my role. Giving my advice and opinions, throwing my resources at the problem are surely not as affective as leading them to rest in His guidance. I need to humbly remember that Christ sees the big picture that is not in my understanding and He adores those I love beyond any emotions I am capable of.


Philippians 4:6-7 - Prayer Wisdom
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Letting go and letting God

In Him,
Joyful
4-23-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment