Friday, April 26, 2013

I Am Blessed To Work With Middle Schoolers on The Autism Spectrum

I am so thankful today that I will get to continue in my current position. The past year has been difficult professionally for me. God is faithful and I am going to continue in the Autism class at the middle school. This has been my heart's desire and where I feel led to be teaching. The uncertainty of my position has been emotional as well as stressful. When parents would ask me if I was going to be their student's teacher, I had no answer. Consistency is crucial for these kiddos and I am grateful that our program can continue uninterrupted.

This is a glorious day! I feel settled, relieved, and excited. Next year will be an awesome adventure as I grow in my understanding of these incredible adolescents. I love the people I work. Staff and Parents are so supportive of my students and this class.


Before the meeting I read James 1

Trials and Temptations



Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds,
 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt,because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

Listening and Doing

19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 

I feel like this was the armor I needed to go into this meeting. To be cautious of my words and clear in my expectations. As the meeting ended, I had no regrets but much to celebrate. God is faithful!

Lord above, comfort me
Give me courage, help me see
Guide my actions, guide my words
Let me know my prayers are heard.

I can't tell you how many meetings last year I spent silently repeating Lissa's prayer to make it through. Comfort, courage, guidance and knowing I never have to face any trial alone got me through. Now I get to go full on into next year making it the best it can possibly be for my beloved students with Autism.

In Him,
Joyful
4-26-13




1 comment:

  1. You found excellent Scripture to guide you before your meetings, and how good for you, your students and their families that you will continue as their teacher next year.

    ReplyDelete