Sunday, October 27, 2013

Charged As A Horrible Woman

The parking spot I pulled into this morning at church had some flaking blue on the curb. I asked Ron if it was a handicapped spot. He didn't think so. I told him he better be right because I didn't want to get charged as a horrible woman. After he stopped laughing, he said he could see me standing in a courtroom in front of a judge. 'You are charged with being a horrible woman. How do you plead?'

Okay, so taking a handicapped spot if you aren't in need of it is horrible but no one was ever charged for being horrible. They would just charge me for parking in spot and know that  I was horrible. See in our town if you even get a speeding ticket you make the paper. Even though we all think it is 'horrible' that people are embarrassed in the paper, we all check out the police beat. Now it is even on Facebook so no hiding from our mistakes or missteps.

Thankfully, it was not a handicapped place and I am not a horrible woman. Thank God!

In Him,
Joyful
10-27-13

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, no one wants to be known as a horrible woman. Is there no privacy anymore, even for speeding tickets?

    ReplyDelete