Thursday, October 31, 2013

To Trust Is My Job

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

We all know this verse.
 We all know the saying, 'Let go and let God'
We all pray.
We all realize He has the ability to protect our loved ones.
We all try to turn our hands up
rather than grabbing the reins.

But it is so hard.
So hard to trust.
So hard to have faith.
So hard to not try to fix it on our own.

I am facing a struggle with my son.
He has some brokenness that needs healing.
So I pray.
Yet,  I continuously 
need to remind myself that I cannot and should not 
try to control this situation.
So I pray.
Next thing I know the stubborn, do it my way mom
steps forward and I practically demand
my will on the situation.
His Will not mine.
So I pray.
Not just for my son but for my own inflexible heart.

Phillipians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Oh how I need to physically turn my hands up. 
Let go of my grip and let Him lead in this 
and every situation.

It is my job
to pray,
to love, 
to listen,
to trust,
to accept.

In Him,
Joyful
10-31-13

No comments:

Post a Comment