Friday, January 3, 2014

Faith Through The Storms

Romans 12:12 
 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 
This verse along with the verse 
1 Thessalonian 5:18
In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in ChrisJesus.

are verses that provide a challenge as well as hope. 
During the toughest times in our lives we need to cling to our relationship
with Jesus. Believing that He never leaves our side and uses all
things for good is tough. 
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

As we watch others going through the loss of a child or the journey through a life threatening disease, we are all able to gain strength and faith through their faith.
My greatest blessing from my own struggles in life are that I never stepped away from Christ.
I am thankful that I never experienced anger at God.
My belief is that He lets our lives unfold and doesn't control the tears and trials in life, but is always here to stand with us and help us through the storms.


And For Those Tears I Died
by Marsha Stevens
You said you'd come and share all my sorrows
You said you'd be there for all my tomorrows
I came so close to sending you away
But just like you promised, you came here to stay
I just had to pray

Chorus
And Jesus said,
"Come to the water, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied
I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you,
It's for those tears I died" 



The words of this song comforted me when I was a child and it comforts me 
through every storm I face in life. It helped me understand that God is ever present in my life
even when life is at its toughest. He is my stretcher not my crutch. I lay my whole life on Him.

In Him,
Joyful
1-3-14


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're blogging again. You lift up the hearts of many people. I love you.

    ReplyDelete