Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Conversation With Christ

Prayer is simply a conversation with Christ. 
It doesn't have to be eloquent.
There is no special place to pray.
Chatting with your Father can happen anytime, anywhere, anyway.
It is about a relationship.

Relationships are built on communication.
God is only a whisper away.
When you need to share something, anything, about your life, He wants to listen.

A 3 word prayer can be powerful.
'Under One Roof'
was prayed for Ron and me when we were broken and separated.
My middle school Young Life girls faithfully prayed these simple 3 words to bless our marriage.
We have been prayerfully, peacefully, and lovingly back 'Under One Roof' for 7 years after a 6 year separation.
God promised we would never be alone. He would always walk beside us. Since he is right here why not let him know what is on your mind and in your heart? Who better to share your story with than your personal savior?

Philippians 4:6-7

 (ERV)
Don’t worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks for what you have. And because you belong to Christ Jesus, God’s peace will stand guard over all your thoughts and feelings. His peace can do this far better than our human minds.


Pray for yourself.
Pray for others.
Pray for your loved ones.
Pray for your enemies.

Just chat up Jesus. You don't need a keyboard, a smartphone or a Twitter account. Just whisper in His ear or stand with arms wide open and shout to Heaven. His desire is to be your Go To Guy in every aspect of your life. 

For me~I could not have survived life without His constant presence. Life has been tough with way too many tear-filled nights. Even though I have incredible people in my life to support me, my conversations with Christ are what gives me my comfort and strength.

So often in my life I just repeat over and over Lissie's Prayer. It has everything I need to say in a sweet little verse. 

Lord above, comfort me.
Give me courage, help me see.
Guide my actions, guide my words.
Let me know my prayers are heard.

It is important not only to be heard in prayer but to be still in prayer to listen to what God has to say to us. His Word holds His heart for us and such precious truths about the relationship He seeks with us.

In Him,
Joyful
5-4-14



No comments:

Post a Comment