Thursday, July 16, 2015

If I Had My Druthers I Would Druther You Were Here Dad

'If you had your druthers what would you druther?'

My Dad worked construction in the heat of Arizona so he would wake up super early to go to work. Each and every morning he was full of joyful enthusiasm as he started his day with multiple cups of coffee at 4:30am. His joy just bugged the heck out of me as I dragged myself out of bed to the breakfast table. It was his pleasure to add to my annoyance by repeatedly asking me random questions. His favorite was the one above. He even asked our cocker/poodle mix, Little Al the question that would put me through the roof.  Dad loved to get me all grumped up before he took off to work. His cheerfulness was certainly the right trigger to accomplish that.

Oh what I would give to have my Dad here to pester me in the mornings. He is probably smiling from Heaven that as I get older I am not able to sleep past 4:30. Glad I have my pooch, Kylie, to ask goofy questions. Ronnie B. might not appreciate if I continued Dad's legacy by waking him so early.

If I had my druthers I would druthers my Dad was here to share a cup of coffee with in the morning.

In Him,
Joyful
7-16-15

1 comment: